Things Nikos Oikonomopoulos said to Thesnight.gr






In the interview taken by Thesnight.gr at FIX (Thessaloniki) Nikos was talking about:


Thessaloniki


- People of Thessaloniki live in a lighter pace, more relaxed pace...I would say, really, they are born to go to the “bouzoukia”... every time I see it and feel it and I've said that Thessaloniki resembles Patra, I feel like I'm in Patra here: the harbor,  the roads are the same.


What he feels when goes on stage:

- I feel great, I loved it since i was a child.  In the beginning there is a stress, there is always a stress in it, there is nothing for granted,  but it's a very nice feeling.  I can not explain it with words, you have to live it to understand it.

Luck or will

- I do not believe in luck, no luck for me, there is a will.

 Choice of songs

- People who write music and lyrics, gave me good songs, but through all those songs you hear, you must make a choice. ...You must match with the aesthetics of the song, you can not sing something imposed by another person. Nobody can impose on me anything...  Of course there are people around me, but the final decision is mine, because I must like the songs I sing to be able to share them with the audience.

Melisses

- When I finished my appearances at FEVER with Stamatis Gonidis and Katerina Stikoudi,  of course, the first thing I thought of was to come to Thessaloniki. From work i knew Katerina as a good person and that's why I chose her to be with, and... I had heard about the Melisses being very good guys and doing a  nice program, so at some point I entered the internet and I saw them, because I had not seen them up close, until the time has come and I came to the venue to meet them,  and I gotta say it's very, very, very respectful guys, modest guys this is what attracts me in people so much. Then, they have a very positive energy, which is missing in people, and I really love these guys and I wish them every success.

Risks

- Not risking in your life you'll never know whether what you like to do is right and you can achieve this.
When you sit at home and expect everything to fall from the sky and God to tell you how to win, nothing will happen.

Summer plans

- I did not make plans yet, these days I will have a topic about a tour I want to do in Greece and abroad - just a few things, because I do not want to get tired so much... I'm already tired and I feel it,  because I worked several years and have not stopped at all, and I think I should stop, not because I'm bored, I am not bored at all, just to be stronger next winter. I suppose for two months, I think, I should rest.




Many thanks to Eirini Eusebi for providing us with the original text of the interview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Οδός Μοναξιάς - English translation

Nikos Oikonomopoulos (Νίκος Οικονομόπουλος)

Nikos Oikonomopoulos’ First Australian Tour is a Triumph